Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

At last! Cuenca, Ecuador

Just one more week and I will be on my way to Cuenca! It has been a year and a half of planning. Internet searching, papers notarized and apostatized. And the last step, a trip to the Ecuador Consulate in Beverly Hills. Also the hours I spent on-line looking for an Airline ticket without 13 hour layovers and for a decent price.

During the last few months of reading Blogs from other Americans that have made the move I was fortunate enough to make a couple of e-mail friends who live in Cuenca and have many of my questions answered.

I will be leaving behind a great house here in the California Mountains owned by my sister where I have been living for almost a year. Leaving now means leaving behind many snow storms to come. Such as the one I endured last year. Three feet of snow and no electricity for three days burr!




And memories of good times with family and friends:


 My sister Wanda, me and Sue at the beach in Ventura on Sue's visit from Iowa.



But I am looking forward to making new friends, have many new adventures and good times!

Well back to packing and cleaning for me.



3 comments: